Saint Marks Baths
The Saint Marks Baths was a bathhouse located in the East Village area of New York City. It originally opened in 1913 serving the local immigrant community. By the 1960s it had evolved into a gay only bathhouse. By 1979 it had been bought by Bruce Mailman who changed the name to the New Saint Marks Baths. It closed in December 1985 during the NYC bathhouse crisis.