ONE, Incorporated’s Articles of Incorporation
Founded: Los Angeles, California
October 15, 1952
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
Filed: With Secretary of State, Sacramento, California — February 7, 1953
Charter: Granted by the State of California — May 27, 1953
OF ONE, INCORPORATED
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
On this day we, the undersigned, have associated ourselves for the purpose of forming a nonprofit corporation under and pursuant to the laws of the State of California, and do certify as follows:
That the name of the corporation shall be ONE, INCORPORATED.
A. PRIMARY PURPOSES:
That the specific and primary purposes for which this corporation was formed are to publish and disseminate a magazine dealing primarily with homosexuality from the scientific, historical and critical point of view, and to aid in the social integration and rehabilitation of the sexual variant.
B. GENERAL PURPOSES:
That the general purposes for which this corporation is formed, in addition to those enumerated above, are as follows:
1. To publish and disseminate magazines, brochures, leaflets, books and papers concerned with medical, social, pathological, psychological and therapeutic research of every kind and description pertaining to socio- sexual behavior.
2. To sponsor, supervise and conduct educational, programs, lectures and concerts for the aid and benefit of all social and emotional variants and to promote among the general public an interest, knowledge and understanding of the problems of such persons.
3. To stimulate, sponsor, aid, supervise and conduct research of every kind and description pertaining to socio- sexual behavior.
4. To promote the integration into society of such persons whose behavior varies from current moral and social standards and to aid the development of social and moral responsibility in all such persons.
5. To lease, purchase, hold, have, use and take possession of and enjoy any personal or real property necessary for the uses and purposes of the corporation, and to sell, lease, deed in trust, alien or dispose of the same at the pleasure of the corporation, and for the purposes and uses for which said corporation is formed and to buy and sell real or personal property and to apply the proceeds of the sale, including any and all income, to the uses and purposes of the corporation.
6. To do any and all other acts, things, business or businesses in any manner connected with or necessary, incidental, convenient, or auxiliary to any of the objects hereinbefore enumerated or calculated, directly or indirectly, to promote the interest of the corporation.
That this corporation does not contemplate the distribution of gains, profits, or dividends to the members thereof and is organized pursuant to Part I of Division 2 of Title 1 of the Corporations Code of the State of California.
The county of the State of California where the principal office for the transaction of the business of this corporation is to be located is Los Angeles County.
That the names and addresses of the persons who are to act in the capacity of directors until the selection of their successors are:
MARTIN BLOCK 1061 1/2 N. St. Andrews, Los Angeles, California
DALE JENNINGS 1933 Lemoyne St., Los Angeles, California
“TONY SANCHEZ” 221 S. Bunker Hill Ave., Los Angeles, California
The number of persons named above shall constitute the number of directors of the corporation until changed by an amendment to the by-laws increasing or decreasing the number of directors as may be desired.
That the authorized number and qualifications of members of this corporation, the different classes of membership, if any, the property, voting and other rights and privileges of each class of membership, and the liability of each or all classes to dues or assessments, and the method of collection thereof shall be set forth in the by-laws of this corporation.
That the by-laws of this corporation shall be adopted by the directors named in the Articles of Incorporation and may thereafter be amended or repealed by means provided in the by-laws.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the persons who are to act in the capacity of first directors of the corporation have hereunto set their hands this 7th day of February, Nineteen Hundred and Fifty-three.
This information was originally posted by C. Todd White on July 30, 2003
Text by C. Todd White. Copyright (©) by C. Todd White, 2008. All rights reserved.
Back to Exhibit Main Page • Back to Historical Documents Index