In 20009 OutHistory.org asked people across the country to research, write, and present the local LGBTQ history of their village, town, county, state, or city since the Stonewall Rebellion of 1969.
The deadline for entries in the "Since Stonewall Local Histories Contest" was April 30, 2010, and the prize winners were announced June 28, 2010.
Local LGBTQ History on OutHistory.org
Look for the LGBT history of your state, city, county, town, or village via "Search". If your local LGBT history is missing, research, write it, and put it on OutHistory.org
All Entries in the Since Stonewall Local LGBTQ History Contest
Listed alphabetically, by state, below:
- Dykes on Bikes: San Francisco, CA 1976-2010
- The History of the Alice B Toklas LGBT Democratic Club, San Francisco, California, 1971-2004
- The Leather Menace: Samois Organizes Lesbian Sado-Masochists, Bay Area, CA, 1978-1982
- Man-i-fest: FTM Mentorship in San Francisco from 1976 - 2009
District of Columbia
- Champaign-Urbana: Gay Liberation in Champaign-Urbana, IL. 1971-1976: A Personal History
- Bloomington, Indiana: The Midwest's "Queer Mecca": 40 Years of GLBTQ History in Bloomington, Indiana (1969-2009)
- Tippecanoe County: LGBTQ Life in Tippecanoe County, Indiana: 1969-2009
- Seattle, WA: The Lesbian Mother's National Defense Fund, the 1970's through the 1990's
- Seattle, WA: Queen City Comes Out: Exploring Seattle's Lesbian and Gay History